FIELD AGENT SAFETY TIPS
Insurance sales are beginning to take place in person again.
When concerns about Covid-19 began, most agents ceased all in-person visits, despite the fact that insurance producers are considered to be essential workers. Agent after an agent has asked us the same question- what steps can I take to keep my client safe? The daily goal of an insurance agent is to protect the life and health needs of their clients, and UAR applauds the respect and care our industry has shown in this crisis. As Americans begin to open their doors to let visitors in and go out into the world it’s important that we continue to focus on the health and safety of others. Our agents who are back in the field have shared their best practices.
First things first- does your client want to meet? If yes:
- Masks should be worn, gloves are great, and hand sanitizer is important.
- Print our Senior Shopping List Starter & gift a copy- it’s a great icebreaker.
- BYOLC- Bring Your Own Lawn Chair – The latest trend in insurance sales is sitting out in the sunshine in the comfort of your own chair!
- BYOP- Bring Your Own Pen- Suggest to your client they do the same. Don’t share one back and forth.
- BYOB- Bring Your Own Book … Or clipboard. Bring a hard surface to write on and suggest that your client do the same.
- Expect isolation fatigue- Your client may have some social anxiety if they haven’t been around many folks lately, so do your best to put them at ease.
- Your client may not want you to leave now that she has someone to chat with, so plan for a few extra minutes to socialize.
- Ask for referrals- Neighbors are talking more about their healthcare costs and plans. See if you could visit someone else nearby while you’re nearby.
We unite independent agents with the resources to exceed their goals.